Saturday, October 4, 2008

Always Something To Do

In my last post, I talked about how sometimes I feel like I am as prepared as I need to be and other times I don't. Well, I learned a lesson this week in that I can never to prepared enough. I fell behind in my lesson planning and then on Monday evening as I was heading home from practice, I heard on NPR that the Dow fell almost 800 points as the House rejected the bailout bill. So when I got home, one of the first things I did was try to find out all that I could about this so that I was prepared to talk about it the next day in class. Well, the next day wasn't as planned out as it could have been and I had to move on with the lesson. Now, if I had been ahead of the game, I could have had plenty of time to read up on the breaking news and still be fully prepared. So I learned the very important lesson that there is always something to do, even when you think you are good to go. This lesson comes at a perfect time as I will be starting my third prep soon. I take over a Consumer Education class in the 2nd quarter and I am not as prepared as I need to be in that class either. So I am working to get back ahead in both of my classes and planning for the start of the third. All in all, I am glad that I learned this lesson now and not later on.

No comments: