Sunday, September 28, 2008

TheRoller-Coaster Ride of Teaching

During the past few weeks, I have been on the roller-coaster of teaching.  I have experienced the highs and the lows.  Luckily, the lows have been few and far between.  

The biggest reason for this is when I am thinking about where I stand in both of my preps. Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed by all that is going on and coming up.  And other times, I feel comfortable with what I am doing and how prepared I am.  So I guess it boils down to how prepared I feel.  Sometimes, no matter how much I prepared, I still don't fell like I'm ready to go. Other times, I feel that I will be fine with what I have.  

I am also beginning to realize that I might be more in the middle of those two feelings that I think I am.  So, in other words, I am probably more prepared when I think I am not, and less prepared when I feel that I am ready.  So now, it is a matter of trying to better identify my level of preparedness and work off of it.  

No comments: