Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day

Wow, what a day. It began early enough at 5:40 am. I joked to the head cross-country coach that I haven't seen 5:40am on an alarm clock in quite some time. But I didn't even need an alarm clock, what with waking up at 3am, then 4am, and I was pretty much awake from 5am until finally getting out of bed at 5:40. But enough about the times.

I was able to get to school when I was aiming for and started right away with the finishing up prepping for the days activities. I was concerned because there was still so much that I hadn't covered with either of my cooperating teachers, but we finalized what we had. When 1st period started, we only had just a few small hiccups. The only issues were having two teachers, and both of us figuring out when to start and stop talking. But other than that, it all went very smooth. It was nice to have lunch with a handful of people, as opposed to how I would have to eat by myself at my previous job. Plus, it allowed my to meet some other teachers in the building. They seem like an entertaining group.

The highlight of my day came during 7th hour during Computer Business Applications (CBA). I had had a few sections of CBA earlier in the day and was pretty well rehearsed on what we were doing for the day. So I turned to my cooperating teacher and asked her if I could take it. She said sure, and I was off. I was able to hit all of the main points in the course overview piece and was able to talk to class through all of the steps for the pre-test from memory. I knew I was doing a good job when she left the classroom for a little while. When the class was over, she complimented me on my performance.

I like how my day is laid out for me, (so fay anyways). It is nice to have 9th (final) period off, as it gave me a chance to get ready for tomorrow, and also ready for cross-country practice. Cross-country was pretty long today because we had to get to a lot of miscellaneous things like handing out uniforms and picture order forms. When you throw in the 5 mile fartlek run I did during practice, it all made for one long day. But I can't complain because all of my classes went smoothly today and thier doesn't seem to be any major issues with any students, (again, so far).

No comments: